With WP Super Cache now added, which host is most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 93 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 93 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded another poor uptime performance this week, with just 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 92):
- Lightning Base
- InMotion Hosting
This week’s best performer in North America is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 216ms.
The last time we tested from North America with all speed improvement plugins removed (in Week 90), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 1,277ms, while this week with WP Super Cache added, it is surprisingly slower at 1,425ms.
This is the first week of our WP Super Cache Speed Study and the early signs are a little concerning, with a slower time than when no speed improvers were setup. Next week we change up the test location to Europe, will things start turning around for WP Super Cache?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.