With all speed optimizers removed, which host is soaring above the rest this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 92 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 92 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded another poor uptime performance this week, with just 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 91):
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 587ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific with MaxCDN, Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 89), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 759ms, while this week with all speed improvement plugins removed, it is understandably slower at 2,368ms.
This is the third and final week of resetting the 2018 baseline speeds in preparation for new Speed Studies. Next week we will kick off our first Speed Study for 2018, which will be adding a caching plugin. I’m looking forward to seeing some faster speeds coming through!!
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.