With WP Rocket fired up, which of our hosts is showing impressive uptime this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 62 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 62 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a disappointing uptime performance this week, with just 2 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (7 hosts achieved 100% in Week 61):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 670ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of changing from W3 Total Cache to WP Rocket, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 59 (the last time we tested from Asia Pacific) was 1,056ms, while this week with WP Rocket it is slightly slower at 1,079ms.
This is the third and final week of our WP Rocket Speed Study and it looks like both plugins are very close when it comes to response times.
Next week we are going to add CloudFlare and see how much that helps our sites?
And the Week 62 Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.