Uptime Test – Week 184 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Australia
- Location of Test: 10 North America Locations
- Caching Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 184 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (all 6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 183):
- Lightning Base
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, combining a perfect uptime with the second fastest average response time of 835ms.
We have now completed 44 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 4th week that we’ve tested from Australian based host servers, with plugin caching support turned off.
After Flywheel dominated the last 2 weeks, Lightning Base has been the star performer the last 2 weeks. This is doubly impressive as they are outperforming all premium hosts even though Lightning Base are a budget host.
At the other end of the spectrum, SiteGround was well off the pace, with a response time significantly slower than all other hosts. Over the course of the year, it is becoming increasingly obvious that WP Rocket is a massive help to SiteGround, and with the caching support turned off for the first 5 weeks of Australian server testing, their results have suffered as a result.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from North America to Asia Pacific. Will Lightning Base be able to keep outperforming our premium hosts?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 40 weeks of testing on USA, UK, Canadian & Indian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.