With our host servers now swung over to Australia, which host is most reliable this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 183 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Australia
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Caching Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 183 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a perfect performance this week, with all 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 182):
- Lightning Base
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is Lightning Base, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 684ms.
We have now completed 43 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 3rd week that we’ve tested from Australian based host servers, with plugin caching support turned off.
After Flywheel dominated the last 2 weeks, this week its Lightning Base who is the star performer of the week, with a response time being faster than all other hosts. This is doubly impressive as they are outperforming all premium hosts even though Lightning Base are a budget host.
At the other end of the spectrum, SiteGround was well off the pace, with a response time significantly slower than all other hosts. Over the course of the year, it is becoming increasingly obvious that WP Rocket is a massive help to SiteGround, and with the caching support turned off for the first 5 weeks of Australian server testing, their results have suffered as a result.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from Asia Pacific to North America. Will Lightning Base keep outperforming our premium hosts, or will Flywheel return to the top of the charts?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 40 weeks of testing on USA, UK, Canadian & Indian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.