With our host servers now changed to Australia, which host is proving to be most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 181 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Australia
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Caching Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 181 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (all 6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 180):
- WP Engine
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is Flywheel, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 536ms.
We have now completed 41 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 1st week that we’ve tested from Australian based host servers, with plugin caching support turned off.
Flywheel is the star performer of this week, with a response time that is comfortably faster than all other hosts. The other host worth highlighting in the next tier of results is Lightning Base, who are competing with our premiums even though they are a budget host.
At the other end of the spectrum, SiteGround was well off the pace, with a response time over double all other hosts. Over the course of the year, it is becoming increasingly obvious that WP Rocket is a massive help to SiteGround, and with the caching support turned off for the first 5 weeks of testing, their results have suffered as a result.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from North America to Europe. Will Flywheel continue to lead from the front, and can Lightning Base keep up with our premium hosts?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 40 weeks of testing on USA, UK, Canadian & Indian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.