Have our hosts been open for business this week?
Uptime Test – Week 11 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across Asia Pacific
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Total Number of Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 11 Summary Table
Our hosts have continued their impressive uptime performance, with an equal best 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime:
- InMotion Hosting
GoDaddy has taken out the victory thanks to a superior average response time. They didn’t record the fastest average response time, that honor went to A2 Hosting. However, A2 Hosting’s 1 Min of downtime dropped them from 1st last week all the way to 6th, this is truly a tight contest!!
The other big movers from last week were GoDaddy from 6th to 1st, DreamHost from 8th to 5th and Web Hosting Hub from 4th to 8th.
And The Week 11 Winner is…
After 11 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.