Which host will be electric in Sydney this week?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 11 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Sydney, Australia
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Total Number of Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 11 Summary Table
GoDaddy has finished off a wonderful week of results with an emphatic victory in Sydney. While all the other hosts recorded average load times between 4 & 5 seconds, GoDaddy blew them away with a 3.28s load time!! Such a dominant performance is sure to have an impact on the Overall Desktop Speed Rankings as well.
The major changes from last week:
- SiteGround plummeted from 3rd to 8th
- Bluehost flew up from 8th to 3rd
- A2 Hosting dropped from 1st to 4th, which is their lowest ranking in this test. The last time they finished 4th was also in Sydney, clearly not their favorite place to visit.
We will continue changing our test location each week, so that we can truly find out which host is performing best from a worldwide perspective. Next week we are off to Vancouver, where A2 Hosting won when we visited last. Will they be able to recover from 4th this week and take out the victory again?
And the Week 11 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 11 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.