With KeyCDN added to the mix, which host is ripping it up this week in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 72 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 72 Summary Table
The winner this week is HostGator with a time of 0.79s, which equals the all time Dallas record, that was set by Lightning Base in Week 69.
On our last visit to Dallas with Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 69), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 0.89s. This week with KeyCDN added, the average load time has ever so slightly improved to 0.88s.
This is the first week of our KeyCDN, Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache Speed Study, and KeyCDN has made only a minor improvement so far.
Next week we’ll be swinging the test location to London in the hope of finding some quicker page loading speed!!
And this Week’s Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.