With MaxCDN now combined with WP Rocket & Cloudflare, which host is showing real speed this week in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 81 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 81 Summary Table
The winner this week is GoDaddy with a time of 1.38s, which is well behind the all time Dallas record, which was set by SiteGround in Week 78.
On our last visit to Dallas with KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 78), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 0.84s. This week with MaxCDN replacing KeyCDN, the average load time is ridiculously slower at 1.67s.
This is the first week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study, and the early signs are showing MaxCDN falling well behind the performance of KeyCDN.
Next week we’ll be switching up the test location to London. I wonder whether MaxCDN will be able to recover from this very poor start?
And this Week’s Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.