Let’s see which hosts are getting out of the blocks quickest this week in London?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 55 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 55 Summary Table
The winner this week is Lightning Base with a time of 1.34s. The dream start for Lightning Base continues, taking out 1st place two weeks in a row. And the time isn’t far behind the all time London record of 0.92s set by DreamHost in Week 30.
On our last visit to London with ShortPixel setup (in Week 52), the average page load time for our 7 hosts was 3.06s. This week with WP Super Cache added to ShortPixel, the average load time is much faster at 2.49s. As Lightning Base has only just replaced DreamHost, the comparison is limited to our other 7 hosts.
This is the second week of our WP Super Cache Speed Study and it looks like WP Super Cache is helping our sites out nicely.
Next week we’re off to Sydney, will WP Super Cache continue to speed up our sites?
And for the 2nd week in a row
the Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.