With MaxCDN now paired with Cloudflare & WP Rocket, lets see which host is up and about this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 81 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 81 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded another impressive uptime performance this week, with 7 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 80):
- Lightning Base
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 160ms.
The last time we tested from North America with KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 78), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 236ms, while this week with MaxCDN replacing KeyCDN, it is slightly slower at 260ms.
This is the first week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study and the early signs are pointing to KeyCDN slightly edging MaxCDN when it comes to our host’s response times.
Next week we will change up our test location to Europe, I wonder whether KeyCDN will continue to top MaxCDN?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.