With KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache all good to go, lets find out see which host is up and about this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 77 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 77 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a below avarage uptime performance this week, with just 3 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 76):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 805ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific with KeyCDN, Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 74), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 864ms, while this week with WP Super Cache replacing W3 Total Cache, it is significantly slower at 1,870ms.
This is the third and final week of our KeyCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study and WP Super Cache has negatively impacted our response times significantly.
Next week we will change up our Caching solution, this time bringing WP Rocket into the mix. I wonder whether they will be able to outperform W3 Total Cache?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.