Let’s check into Asia Pacific and find out which hosts are most reliable this week?
Uptime Test – Week 23 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across Asia Pacific
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 23 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a poor uptime performance this week, with only 3 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (compared to 6 last week):
And our winner this week is HostGator, recording the fastest time of 467ms (from those with 100% Uptime). The last time we ran this Asia Pacific test (in Week 19 with WP Rocket), HostGator’s time was 462ms, so we’re seeing a similar performance with the addition of KeyCDN.
Checking in on the overall performance of adding KeyCDN, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 19 was 488ms, while this week it has decreased slightly to 465ms.
And the Week 23 Winner is…
After 22 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.