We’re off to Europe to find out which hosts are most reliable this week?
Uptime Test – Week 22 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Locations across Europe
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 22 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime:
- A2 Hosting
And our winner this week is DreamHost, recording the fastest time of 239ms! The last time we ran this European test (in Week 18 with W3 Total Cache), DreamHost’s time was 243ms, so we’re seeing a similar performance with WP Rocket!!
Checking in on the overall performance of W3 Total Cache and WP Rocket, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 18 was 347ms, while this week it has increased slightly to 355ms. This is truly a tight battle between 2 very good caching solutions, I’m looking forward to seeing who ultimately comes out on top in the final washup at the end of this week!!
For the 2nd Week in a Row
the Winner is…
After 22 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.