Let’s find out how fast our hosts are in Dallas this week?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 21 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 21 Summary Table
The first promising aspect of this week’s results is that InMotion Hosting has recovered after a horror performance last week. Their average load time has improved dramatically from 2.84s last week to 1.14s this week. While that time is very quick, it was not quite enough to take out the weekly win.
The winner this week is HostGator with a blistering time of 1.02s, just enough to claim the title of fastest ever in Dallas (the previous record was held by InMotion at 1.03s).
And the last time we visited Dallas with W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 17), the average page load time for our 8 hosts was 1.28s. This week with WP Rocket on board, the load time has increased slightly to 1.31s. This contest between W3 Total Cache and WP Rocket continues to be a close one – we have just 1 more week before declaring the winner!!
Next week we are off to London where the record load time is 1.75s, set by DreamHost. Will we see yet another record time?
And the Week 21 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 21 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.