Will our all time speed record get broken this week in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 17 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 17 Summary Table
With 3 weeks of testing following the Introduction of Caching, the impact continues to impress. GoDaddy and A2 Hosting were consistently 1st & 2nd over the first 14 weeks, but both have fell into the bottom half in the last 3 weeks.
The other 6 hosts have continued their improvement, and leading the pack this week is once again InMotion Hosting. They have recorded the fastest time ever in Dallas of 1.03s, just missing out on the all time speed record they set last week in Vancouver of 0.81s.
And the last time we visited Dallas in Week 13, the average page load time was 2.02s for our 8 hosts, this week it has dropped to 1.28s!!
Next week we are off to London where the current record is 1.86s. I can’t wait to find out if we can set yet another new record?
For the 2nd Week in a Row,
the Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 17 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.