Let’s measure how fast our hosts have been this week in London?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 26 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 26 Summary Table
The winner this week is DreamHost with a time of 1.10s, which has totally smashed the previous record they set of 1.65s in Week 22.
On our last visit to London with WP Rocket setup (in Week 22), the average page load time for our 8 hosts was 2.02s. This week with KeyCDN added, the average load time has improved significantly to 1.21s. With 4 weeks of testing complete, our Speed Study on KeyCDN is done and dusted. It’s time to summarize all the results and find out how well KeyCDN has performed?
Next week we are off to Sydney where the record load time is 1.32s, set by GoDaddy. Will we see a new record get set?
And the Week 26 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 22 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.