With Simple Cache installed, let’s find out which host is tearing it up this week in Mumbai?
Speed Test – Week 125 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Mumbai, India
- Plugins Installed: Simple Cache
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Namecheap Weekly Speed Results
GoDaddy Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Speed Results
HostGator Weekly Speed Results
Bluehost Weekly Speed Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Speed Results
Speed Test – Week 125 Summary Table
The fastest host this week is SiteGround with a time of 2.49s, which is not far off the all time Mumbai record of 2.22s, which was also set by SiteGround in Week 119.
On our last visit to Mumbai (with WP Fastest Cache setup in Week 122), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 3.29s. This week with Simple Cache now on board, the average load time is ever so slightly faster at 3.25s.
This is the third and final week of the Simple Cache Speed Study, and Simple Cache has narrowly outperformed WP Fastest Cache.
Next week I’ll be switching up our caching plugin to Cache Enabler. I am very keen to find out if Cache Enabler is able to continue to boost our sites speed more than Simple Cache?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2+ years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our speed challenge.