Which of our host’s are firing up this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 26 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 26 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (compared to 6 last week):
- A2 Hosting
- InMotion Hosting
And our winner this week is HostGator, recording the fastest time of 310ms (of those that recorded 100% Uptime). The last time we ran this European test (in Week 22 with WP Rocket), HostGator’s time was 303ms, so we’re seeing a similar time with KeyCDN.
Checking in on the overall performance of adding KeyCDN, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 22 was 355ms, while this week it is slightly quicker at 340ms.
And the Week 26 Winner is…
After 22 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.