Let’s take to the skies over Dallas and find out which host is quickest this week?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 25 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 25 Summary Table
The winner this week is HostGator with a time of 1.17s, not too far off the record they set of 1.02s in Week 21.
On our last visit to Dallas with WP Rocket setup (in Week 21), the average page load time for our 8 hosts was 1.31s. This week with KeyCDN added, the average load time has improved ever so slightly to 1.30s. KeyCDN has generally been improving our host’s speed after 3 weeks, there is just 1 week of testing left in the Speed Study on KeyCDN before we find out exactly how beneficial it has been!
Next week we are off to London where the record load time is 1.65s, set by DreamHost. Will we see a new record get set?
And the Week 25 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 22 weeks of testing, I think it’s time to summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.