How is our host’s uptime going this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 25 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 25 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (compared to 4 last week):
- Web Hosting Hub
- InMotion Hosting
And our winner this week is DreamHost, recording the fastest time of 101ms. The last time we ran this North American test (in Week 21 with WP Rocket), DreamHost’s time was 133ms, so we’re seeing a noticeable improvement with the addition of KeyCDN.
Checking in on the overall performance of adding KeyCDN, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 21 was 171ms, while this week it is also quicker at 137ms.
For the 2nd Week in a Row
the Winner is…
After 22 weeks of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.