With WP Rocket ready to roll, lets find out which host is up and about this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 140 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 140 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 139):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the 2nd fastest average response time of 572ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific (with W3 Total Cache setup in Week 137), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 698ms, while this week with WP Rocket on board, it is exactly the same at 698ms.
This is the third and final week of our WP Rocket Speed Study and after a roller coaster ride of performances, WP Rocket proved to be slightly faster than W3 Total Cache, when it comes to Response Times.
That ends our Speed Studies for 2018, I will review all the performances across the year before deciding how best to approach the 2019 Speed Studies. I hope you all have a wonderful Xmas & New Years!!
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2+ years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.