Which host is living up in the clouds the longest this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 47 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 47 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (3 hosts achieved 100% in Week 46):
- Web Hosting Hub
And our winner this week is GoDaddy, recording the fastest time of 849ms. The last time we ran this Asia Pacific test (in Week 44 with Imagify), GoDaddy’s time was slightly slower at 876ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of changing from Imagify to EWWW, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 44 was 1,987ms, while this week it has slowed considerably to 2,410ms. Note: If we ignore the poor performance by DreamHost (3rd week in a row), the average response time reduces to 1,983ms.
This is the final week of our EWWW Speed Study and things are not looking good for EWWW. I am curious to see how the results compare with and without DreamHost, as they seem to have had a really tough time with EWWW, are they an outlier?
Next week we will fire up a new Image Optimization plugin, tune in to find out which one is being tested and whether they can perform any better?
And the Week 47 Winner is…
After 9 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.