Who is the best at maintaining their uptime this week?
Uptime Test – Week 44 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 44 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (3 hosts achieved 100% in Week 43):
- Web Hosting Hub
And our winner this week is GoDaddy, recording the fastest time of 876ms. The last time we ran this Asia Pacific test (in Week 41 with No Optimizations), GoDaddy’s time was faster at 842ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of adding Imagify, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 41 was 2,012ms, while this week it is basically unchanged at 1,987ms.
This is the final week of our Imagify Speed Study and it doesn’t appear as if there was any major speed differences coming through.
Next week, the Uptime Test will be run from North America with a different image optimization plugin. I wonder whether this will make a difference?
For the 10th Week in a Row,
the Winner is…
After 9 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.