With our host servers based in the UK and WP Rocket fired up, which of our hosts are most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 169 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: UK
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 169 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 168):
- WP Engine
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is WP Engine, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 509ms.
We have now completed 29 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 9th week that we’ve tested from UK based host servers, and the 4th with the caching support of WP Rocket.
The most interesting takeaway from this weeks results is how even the response times are across all 6 hosts, ranging from 509ms to 635ms.
The performance of our budget hosts, SiteGround & Lightning Base, is also worth noting. WP Rocket has continued to prove useful to SiteGround in particular for the 4th week running, following being well off the pace the previous 5 weeks without the assistance of WP Rocket.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from North America to Asia Pacific. I wonder whether SiteGround & Lightning Base can continue to compete with our premiums?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 20 weeks of testing on USA & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.