With WP Rocket loaded on top of UK based servers, which host is tearing it up this week in Vancouver?
Speed Test – Week 169 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Host Server Location: UK
- Location of Test: Vancouver, Canada
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x6 = 1,008 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Speed Results
Lightning Base Weekly Speed Results
flywheel Weekly Speed Results
kinsta Weekly Speed Results
pressidium Weekly Speed Results
wp engine Weekly Speed Results
SPeed Test – Week 169 Summary Table
The fastest host this week in Vancouver is Pressidium with an impressive time of 1.54s.
With our 4 new premium hosts on board in 2019, Kinsta dominated early with fastest load time across 4 of the first 5 weeks of testing. Then Flywheel took over, claiming the fastest host honors in 4 of the next 5 weeks.
When we changed the host’s server location from USA to Canada, Flywheel & Kinsta continued to perform well. Kinsta recorded the fastest average speed across 5 weeks, while Flywheel was fastest 3 times.
This marks our 9th week where our hosts are on UK servers, and Kinsta have been most impressive, recording the fastest load time 4 out of the 9 weeks.
And its great to see our budget host SiteGround competing with our premiums, but our other budget host Lightning Base had a very disappointing week, being well off the pace.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from Vancouver to Sydney. Will Lightning Base be able to turn things around in Australia?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 20 weeks of testing on USA & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be the fastest so far in 2019.