Our hosts are put to the test to see who is ripping through the waves this week in Sydney?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 53 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Sydney, Australia
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 53 Summary Table
The winner this week is GoDaddy with a time of 2.47s. This time is well behind the Sydney record of 1.03s set by Bluehost in Week 27.
On our last visit to Sydney with Kraken setup (in Week 50), the average page load time for our 8 hosts was 4.60s. This week with Kraken replaced with ShortPixel, the average load time is slightly faster at 4.51s. Once again, DreamHost has performed extremely poorly (and will be replaced by another host very soon), if we remove their results from both, the average for Kraken is 3.75s, while ShortPixel is 3.79s.
This is the third and final week of our ShortPixel Speed Study and it looks like it will be very close between Kraken and ShortPixel.
Next week we’re changing our focus from Image Optimizers to Caching plugins. Swing by next week to find out which Caching plugin will be tested first.
And the Week 53 Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 9 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.