Which of our hosts are staying up in the clouds longest this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 53 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 53 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 52):
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
And our winner this week is GoDaddy, recording the fastest time of 890ms. The last time we ran this Asia Pacific test (in Week 50 with Kraken), GoDaddy’s time was slightly slower at 908ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of changing from Kraken to ShortPixel, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 50 was 2,551ms, while this week it is slightly faster at 2,526ms. Note: If we ignore the extremely poor performance of DreamHost (now the 9th week in a row and will be replaced by another host), the average response time is 1,943ms for Kraken and 1,886ms for ShortPixel.
This is the third and final week of our ShortPixel Speed Study and I will be packaging up the results to see who came out on top.
ShortPixel is our final study on Image Optimization plugins, next week we begin looking into Caching plugins, which one will bring us the quickest loading speeds?
And for the 7th Week in a Row
the Winner is…
After 9 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.