For the 1st time with Hyper Cache on board, which host is most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 108 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 108 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (7 hosts achieved 100% in Week 107):
- Lightning Base
On the other side of the equation, Web Hosting Hub & InMotion Hosting had a very disappointing week, both incurring downtime of over 1.5 hours!!
This week’s best performer in North America is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the second fastest average response time of 233ms.
The last time we tested from North America (with Cache Enabler setup in Week 105), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 340ms, while this week with Hyper Cache on board, it is significantly slower at 1,072ms.
This is the first week of our Hyper Cache Speed Study and the early signs are strongly pointing towards Cache Enabler being faster when it comes to Response Times.
Next week we change up the test location to Europe, I wonder whether Hyper Cache will be able to turn things around?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.