With KeyCDN, Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache now setup, lets find out which of our hosts are most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 72 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 72 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts achieved 100% in Week 71):
- Lightning Base
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 188ms.
The last time we tested from North America with Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache setup (in Week 69), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 265ms, while this week with KeyCDN added, it is slightly faster at 259ms.
This is the first week of our KeyCDN, Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache Speed Study and the addition of KeyCDN is having a minor impact when it comes to response times.
Next week we will change our test location to Europe, where I expect KeyCDN should help out more, will it happen though?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.