With Cloudflare now paired with W3 Total Cache, lets find out which of our hosts are most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 69 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 69 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a poor uptime performance this week, with just 3 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (7 hosts achieved 100% in Week 68):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North Amercia is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 135ms.
The last time we tested from North America with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache setup (in Week 66), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 1,024ms, while this week with Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache it is significantly faster at 265ms.
This is the first week of our Cloudflare & W3 Total Cache Speed Study and the early signs are pointing to W3 Total Cache blowing away WP Super Cache when it comes to response times.
Next week we will change up our test location to Europe, I wonder whether W3 Total Cache will continue it’s dominance?
And for the 7th Week in a Row
the Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.