How will our new host Namecheap perform in its first uptime test?
Uptime Test – Week 42 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 42 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an amazing uptime performance this week, with 7 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts achieved 100% in Week 40):
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
Following last week’s decision to stop using A2 Hosting as a test host, I have now setup a new host to the family, please welcome Namecheap. I have been impressed with Namecheap through their highly regarded domain provider service, so was curious how they would perform as a host. Considering A2 was stopped based on poor uptime, it’s great to see Namecheap start off with a 100% uptime performance this week!!
And our winner this week is GoDaddy, recording the fastest time of 249ms. The last time we ran this North America test (in Week 39 with No Optimizations), GoDaddy’s time was slower at 291ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of adding Imagify, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 39 was 1,120ms, while this week with it is basically unchanged at 1,130ms.
This is the first week of our Imagify Speed Study so its a little early to draw conclusions yet.
Next week, the Uptime Test will be run from Europe, I wonder whether we will see any speed changes?
For the 8th Week in a Row,
the Winner is…
After 9 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.