Lets check out what sort of speed our hosts are pumping out this week in Dallas?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 42 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 42 Summary Table
The winner this week is GoDaddy with a time of 1.27s. This time is a fair way behind the Dallas record of 1.02s set by HostGator in Week 21.
On our last visit to Dallas with No Optimizations setup (in Week 39), the average page load time for our 8 hosts was 2.02s. This week with Imagify added, the average load time is slightly slower at 2.09s.
This is the first week of our Imagify Speed Study and the early results are not overly promising for Imagify from a speed perspective.
Will it turnaround next week in London, where the record load time is 0.92s, set by DreamHost in Week 30.
For the 2nd Week in a Row
the Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 9 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.