Which of our hosts will be start off 2017 on the right foot?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 39 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: Dallas, USA
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
WordPress Host #1: SiteGround
WordPress Host #2: A2 Hosting
WordPress Host #3: GoDaddy
WordPress Host #4: DreamHost
WordPress Host #5: InMotion Hosting
WordPress Host #6: HostGator
WordPress Host #7: Bluehost
WordPress Host #8: Web Hosting Hub
Desktop Speed Test – Week 39 Summary Table
The winner this week is GoDaddy with a time of 1.61s. This time is a fair way behind the Dallas record of 1.02s set by HostGator in Week 21.
On our last visit to Dallas with CloudFlare & WP Super Cache setup (in Week 37), the average page load time for our 8 hosts was 1.73s. This week with all optimizations removed, the average load time is slower at 2.02s.
This is the first week of our No Optimizations Speed Study and the results are slower, which is to be expected with all caching and CDN’s turned off.
Next week we are off to London where the record load time is 0.92s, set by DreamHost in Week 30. How far off this record will we be?
For the 5th Week in a Row,
the Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 9 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.