Which host is able to maintain the best uptime this week from Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 40 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Europe Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 40 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an average uptime performance this week, with 3 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 39):
Unfortunately, A2 Hosting’s extremely poor uptime results have continued. This week they were once again over 2 hours of downtime from 71 separate outages. While this has improved from last week, it is still a concerning result, made worse by the feedback from A2 stating that limits have been met without any recommendations of solutions. Considering all test sites are subject to the same tests, it’s disappointing A2 has already hit limits.
And our winner this week is GoDaddy, recording the fastest time of 596ms. The last time we ran this Europe test (in Week 38 with CloudFlare and WP Super Cache), GoDaddy’s time was slightly quicker at 539ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of changing from CloudFlare & WP Super Cache, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 38 was 1,436ms, while this week with all optimizations removed it is surprisingly only slightly slower with an average time of 1,451ms.
This is the second week of our No Optimizations Speed Study. It is a big surprise to see how impressive the speed has been, I wonder whether this will continue into the final week of testing?
Next week, the Uptime Test will be run from Asia Pacific, will this current trend continue?
For the 6th Week in a Row,
the Winner is…
After 9 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.