With WP Super Cache setup, which host is proving to be most reliable this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 95 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
Namecheap Weekly Uptime Results
GoDaddy Weekly Uptime Results
Lightning Base Weekly Uptime Results
InMotion Hosting Weekly Uptime Results
HostGator Weekly Uptime Results
Bluehost Weekly Uptime Results
Web Hosting Hub Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 95 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts achieved 100% in Week 94):
- Lightning Base
- InMotion Hosting
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is GoDaddy, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 538ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific with all speed improvement plugins removed (in Week 92), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 2,368ms, while this week with WP Super Cache added, it is slightly faster at 2,127ms.
This is the third and final week of our WP Super Cache Speed Study and the difference in response times was surprisingly minimal.
Next week we change up Caching Plugin to W3 Total Cache, I wonder how it will compare to WP Super Cache?
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 2 years of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.