Now that our host servers are set to the UK, which host is up and about this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 162 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: UK
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 162 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (all 6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 161):
- WP Engine
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Europe is Pressidium, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 306ms. This is the 2nd week in a row that Pressidium has been the best uptime performer.
We have now completed 22 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 2nd week that we’ve tested from UK based host servers, and without the caching support of WP Rocket.
The most interesting takeaway from this weeks results is how well Lightning Base continues to perform when it comes to response times. To be 3rd fastest (and 2nd fastest last week) even though they’re a budget host is amazing, especially when you consider our only other budget host, SiteGround, was well off the pace.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from Europe to Asia Pacific. I wonder whether Pressidium & Lightning Base can continue their impressive start to testing from UK host servers.
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 20 weeks of testing on USA & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.