With our host servers now swung over to the UK, which host is most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 161 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: UK
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 161 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a perfect uptime performance this week, with all 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (only 4 hosts achieved 100% in Week 160):
- Lightning Base
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in North America is Pressidium, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 547ms.
We have now completed 21 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 1st week that we’ve tested from UK based host servers, and without the caching support of WP Rocket.
The most interesting takeaway from this weeks results is the impressive performance from Lightning Base when it comes to response times. To be 2nd fastest even though there a budget host is amazing, especially when you consider our only other budget host, SiteGround, was well off the pace.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from North America to Europe. I wonder which of our hosts will be most reliable in Europe when the host server is closest?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 10 weeks of testing on USA servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.