With our host’s servers now setup in Canada, which host is up and about this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 152 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Canada
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 152 Summary Table
Most of our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 also hosts achieved 100% in Week 151):
- WP Engine
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Europe is WP Engine, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 639ms.
We have now completed 12 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This is the 1st week where a premium host has performed really poorly for uptime. This unwelcome honor goes to Kinsta who experienced a massive block of outages totaling 3hrs 43mins. Not a good sign for Kinsta’s Canadian server, hopefully this is just a one off poor performance.
The only other time in 2019 that a host had a similar poor result was 2 hours of outages for Lightning Base in Week 143.
For next week’s test, I will be changing up our test location to Asia Pacific. Will Kinsta be able to turn things around?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 10 weeks of testing on USA servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.