Let’s check in and find out how reliable our hosts are this week?
Uptime Test – Week 43 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 43 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a disappointing uptime performance this week, with just 3 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (7 hosts achieved 100% in Week 42):
- Web Hosting Hub
HostGator has recorded one of the worst weekly performances with over 7 hours of downtime. While this is extremely disappointing, the one positive is it occurred within a small window of time. I will keep an eye on this to see if this is a one off, especially given the recent removal of A2 Hosting due to poor uptime.
And our winner this week is GoDaddy, recording the fastest time of 535ms. The last time we ran this European test (in Week 40 with No Optimizations), GoDaddy’s time was slower at 596ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of adding Imagify, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 40 was 1,451ms, while this week with it is basically unchanged at 1,492ms.
This is the second week of our Imagify Speed Study and so far there doesnt appear to be any speed differences coming through.
Next week, the Uptime Test will be run from Asia Pacific, I wonder whether we will see any speed changes?
For the 9th Week in a Row,
the Winner is…
After 9 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.