With WP Rocket combining with Canadian host servers, which host is up and about this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 159 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: Canada
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 159 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a poor uptime performance this week, with just 3 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts also achieved 100% in Week 158):
- Lightning Base
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in North America is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 211ms.
We have now completed 19 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. The most impressive performance this week belongs to Lightning Base. To record a response time so much quicker than all of our premium hosts is remarkable!!
For next week’s test, I will change up our test location to Asia Pacific. Will Lightning Base continue their impressive combo of response speed and reliability?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 10 weeks of testing on USA servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.