With our new premium hosts off and running for 2019, which one is nailing uptime this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 150 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Plugins Installed: WP Rocket
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 150 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (just 3 hosts achieved 100% in Week 149):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is Kinsta, with a perfect uptime and the 2nd fastest average response time of 1,110ms.
We have now completed 10 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. With the exception of an extremely poor week for Lightning Base in Week 143, all of our hosts have performed quite well. When it comes to response times, the addition of WP Rocket has definitely helped make our budget hosts Lightning Base & SiteGround more competitive.
For next week’s test, I will be changing up our server locations for each host from America to Canada. This will help give our Canadian friends a true picture of which host is best from their perspective.
And this Week’s Winner is…
As I’ve just added 4 new premium hosts above, there are no summary results available yet. To see how our previous hosts performed after 3 years of testing, click below to find out which host finished up leading our uptime challenge.