With Cloudflare & WP Super Cache on board, lets find out which of our hosts are up longest this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 68 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 68 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a very impressive uptime performance this week, with 7 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (6 hosts achieved 100% in Week 67):
- Lightning Base
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 761ms.
The last time we tested from Asia Pacific with Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 65), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 808ms, while this week with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache it is significantly slower at 1,625ms.
This is the third and final week of our Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study and WP Super Cache has proved to be well off the pace compared to WP Rocket when it comes to response times.
Next week we will see what happens when W3 Total Cache is combined with Cloudflare, will it outperform WP Super Cache & WP Rocket?
And for the 6th Week in a Row
the Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.