With Cloudflare paired with WP Super Cache, which host is blitzing the field this week in London?
Desktop Speed Test – Week 67 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use GTmetrix Speed Test
- Location of Test: London, UK
- Frequency of Testing: Every Hour for 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x24 x7 x8 = 1,344 (xHours xDays xSites)
- Desktop Speed Testing is checking how long it takes for a website to fully load using a desktop internet browser
Which WordPress Host will conquer the Desktop Speed Test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Desktop Speed Test – Week 67 Summary Table
The winner this week is Lightning Base with a time of 1.06s, which is just behind the London record of 0.87s, that was set by HostGator in Week 64.
On our last visit to London with Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 64), the average load time for our 8 hosts was 0.94s. This week with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache, the average load time is much slower at 1.65s.
This is the second week of our Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study, and its looking like WP Rocket is comfortably outperforming WP Super Cache when paired with Cloudflare.
Next week we’re off to Sydney, which is the last chance WP Super Cache has to try to turn things around?
And for the 2nd Week in a Row
the Winner is…
Desktop Speed Rankings
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our desktop speed challenge.