Now that our host servers are fully setup in the UK, which host is most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 164 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: UK
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 164 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid uptime performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 163):
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is Kinsta, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 549ms.
We have now completed 24 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 4th week that we’ve tested from UK based host servers, and without the caching support of WP Rocket.
The most interesting takeaway from this weeks results is how close the response times are for our Top 5 hosts. It’s also worth mentioning how well Lightning Base continues to perform when it comes to response times. The last 4 weeks have seen Lightning Base (who are a budget host) compete with our 4 premium hosts. This is especially impressive when you consider our only other budget host, SiteGround, continues to be well off the pace.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from North America to Asia Pacific. I wonder whether Lightning Base can continue their impressive start to testing from UK host servers.
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 20 weeks of testing on USA & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.