With a Cloudflare & WP Rocket combo fired up, lets check in and see which of our hosts are soaring the highest this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 65 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 65 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (just 3 hosts achieved 100% in Week 64):
- Lightning Base
- InMotion Hosting
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 701ms.
Checking in on the overall performance of adding Cloudflare to WP Rocket, the average response time across our 8 hosts in Week 62 (the last time we tested from Asia Pacific) was 1,079ms, while this week with Cloudflare added it is significantly faster at 808ms.
This is the third and final week of our Cloudflare & WP Rocket Speed Study and Cloudflare seems like it has helped out a lot when it comes to response times.
Next week we will combine WP Super Cache with Cloudflare. How much speed will this pairing bring?
And for the 3rd Week in a Row
the Winner is…
After 12 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.