With MaxCDN combined with Cloudflare & WP Super Cache, which of our hosts are showing the best reliability this week in Europe?
Uptime Test – Week 85 Method
- Compare 8 WordPress Hosts
- Use 8 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Test: 10 European Locations
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x8 = 80,640 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why an outage (or downtime) can occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
Uptime Test – Week 85 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive uptime performance this week, with 6 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (just 2 hosts achieved 100% in Week 84):
- Lightning Base
- Web Hosting Hub
This week’s best performer in Europe is Lightning Base, with a perfect uptime and the fastest average response time of 329ms.
The last time we tested from Europe with MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Rocket setup (in Week 82), the average response time across our 8 hosts was 497ms, while this week with WP Super Cache replacing WP Rocket, it is significantly slower at 1,543ms.
This is the second week of our MaxCDN, Cloudflare & WP Super Cache Speed Study and WP Rocket is showing clear signs of domination, when it comes to our host’s response times.
Next week we will change up our testing location to Asia Pacific, this is the last chance for WP Super Cache to try to turn things around.
And this Week’s Winner is…
After 18 months of testing, let’s summarize all the results to see how our 8 hosts are performing overall. It will also allow us to find out which host is currently leading our uptime challenge.