With our host servers ready to roll in India, which host is proving to be most reliable this week in North America?
Uptime Test – Week 174 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: India
- Location of Test: 10 North American Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 174 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded an impressive performance this week, with 5 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (4 hosts achieved 100% in Week 173):
- WP Engine
- Lightning Base
This week’s best performer in North America is Flywheel, combining a perfect uptime with the fastest average response time of 494ms.
We have now completed 34 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 4th week that we’ve tested from Indian based host servers, and with plugin caching support turned off.
The performance of Flywheel really stood out this week, comfortably recording the fastest response time. The other host worth singling out for a good performance was Lightning Base, as they finished an impressive 3rd fastest, even though they are a budget host. SiteGround, our other budget host, experienced 11 minutes of downtime and the slowest response time, a disappointing week for them.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from North America to Asia Pacific. Will SiteGround be able to turn things around and avoid downtime across the week?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 30 weeks of testing on USA, UK & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.