With our host servers setup to serve India, which host is up and about this week in Asia Pacific?
Uptime Test – Week 173 Method
- Compare 6 WordPress Hosts
- Use 6 Live Sites, each with a Different Host but with Identical Content (you can check them out here)
- Use Pingdom Uptime Test
- Location of Host Server: India
- Location of Test: 10 Asia Pacific Locations
- Plugins Installed: None
- Frequency of Testing: Every Minute across the Last 7 Days
- Number of Weekly Tests = 1 x60 x24 x7 x6 = 60,480 (xMinutes xHours xDays xSites)
- Uptime testing is confirming that the website is actually accessible to visitors
- An example of why downtime might occur is scheduled maintenance of the server the website is hosted on
Which WordPress Hosts can ace the uptime test this week?
Identical Live Sites
SiteGround Weekly Uptime Results
LIGHTNING BASE Weekly Uptime Results
flywheel Weekly Uptime Results
kinsta Weekly Uptime Results
Pressidium Weekly Uptime Results
WP ENGINE Weekly Uptime Results
Uptime Test – Week 173 Summary Table
Our hosts have recorded a solid performance this week, with 4 hosts achieving the ultimate goal of 100% Uptime (5 hosts achieved 100% in Week 172):
- WP Engine
This week’s best performer in Asia Pacific is WP Engine, combining a perfect uptime with the 2nd fastest average response time of 717ms.
We have now completed 33 weeks of testing with our 4 new premium hosts. This marks the 3rd week that we’ve tested from Indian based host servers, and with plugin caching support turned off.
The performance of our premium hosts stood out this week, with all 4 achieving 100% uptime. WP Engine & Pressidium led the way with 717ms & 756ms response times respectively. The best response time for the week actually belonged to Lightning Base, who are a budget host. While this is impressive, they were let down with 12 minutes of downtime. SiteGround, our other budget host, experienced 3 minutes of downtime and the slowest response time, plenty of room for improvement.
For next week’s test, I will change up the test location from Asia Pacific to North America. Will SiteGround and Lightning Base be able to avoid downtime across the week?
And this Week’s Winner is…
With 30 weeks of testing on USA, UK & Canadian servers now complete, click below to find out which host proved to be most reliable so far in 2019.